Harney County-The Official Site
Welcome to the official Harney County Government website. This site is dedicated to providing the public the best information possible in detailing the many products and services of the Harney County Government. Each department is represented as well as a wide variety of pertinent links. Please let us know if there is something that you cannot find. Updates are made often and checking back from time to time is advisable. Harney County is located in southeastern Oregon and is the largest county in the State of Oregon. The County has a diverse landscape with forests, sagebrush lakes, streams desert and mountains. Harney County is open for business, travel, exploration, outdoor adventure, and recreation. We hope your stay in Harney County either physically or as a visitor to this site is enjoyable.
- NOTICE OF HARNEY COUNTY BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING: A public meeting of the Budget Committee of Harney County, State of Oregon, to discuss the budget for the fiscal year July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016 will be held in Judge Grasty’s office in the Courthouse. The meeting will take place on the 15th day of April 2015 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please follow this link for the full public notice.
- Cooperating Agency white paper, Coordination white paper
- Upcoming: Ballots for the May 19, 2015 District Director Election will be in the Mail on April 30, 2015. If you have moved, or changed your mailing address in any way, please go to www.oregonvotes.gov and update your registration information in order to vote in the Special District Director Election.
- Public Notice: Real property for sale in Harney County. Follow this link for more information and the Land Sale Policy.
View the Land Sale List. - This is a list of properties that are still available for purchase following the September 10, 2014 public auction
Follow this link to download the Google Earth file incorporating these land parcels. Google Earth must be installed on your computer to view this file.
- DRAFT Private Public Road Map
- June 18, 2014, Letter to the Governor-State agency workforce reductions
- March 28, 2014, Letter to the Governor-State agency workforce reductions
- Harney County 2013 Audit
- Final Comments on Oregon Greater Sage-Grouse RMPA/EIS Submitted by Harney County
- New GIS Mapping Application: Follow this link to use Harney County's new GIS mapping application online. Create your own maps.
- County Sage Grouse Regional Report, November 4, 2013
- Final Harney County Emergency Operations Plan
- County Burn Plan and Burn Permit. This Burn Plan is required prior to issuing a Burning Permit for all burning in Harney County. Exception: Small debris piles and burn barrels within reach of an attached & charged garden hose, these still need a burning permit issued by the County. This Burn Plan is designed to assist the landowner in safely using fire to meet their land management objectives and reduce the threat to life and property. Landowner must notify Harney County Dispatch, 541-573-6028, prior to burning, on day of burning.
- Submit your photos of Harney County to be used as background and slide show images on this site by emailing them to the webmaster. The County will give you a photo credit for images used within the website.