Harney County-The Official Site
Welcome to the official Harney County Government website. This site is dedicated to providing the public the best information possible in detailing the many products and services of the Harney County Government. Each department is represented as well as a wide variety of pertinent links. Please let us know if there is something that you cannot find. Updates are made often and checking back from time to time is advisable. Harney County is located in southeastern Oregon and is the largest county in the State of Oregon. The County has a diverse landscape with forests, sagebrush lakes, streams desert and mountains. Harney County is open for business, travel, exploration, outdoor adventure, and recreation. We hope your stay in Harney County either physically or as a visitor to this site is enjoyable.
- County Court meeting agenda July 15, 2015.
- Sage Grouse Rule Making Information
- The Sage Grouse Rulemaking Hearing for the Oregon Land Conservation and Development Commission will be on July 23, 2015 at 1:00 p.m.
- Harney County Community Center
484 N. Broadway
- The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife staff will hold two public meetings to brief interested parties on proposed changes to the administrative rules for managing sage-grouse in Oregon. The proposed rule changes will address mitigation of impacts to sage–grouse habitat. Public testimony will be taken by the staff to share with the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission during their July 27, 2015 meeting to adopt the Rules.
Meeting times and locations:
- July 21, 2015, 7-9 pm, Memorial Hall, Lake County Courthouse, 513 Center St., Lakeview, Oregon
- July 22, 2015, 7-9 pm, Harney County Senior and Community Services Center, 17 S. Alder, Burns, Oregon
- Final Summary Results May 19, 2015, Election
- Harney County Approved Budget for 2015-2016
- Cooperating Agency white paper, Coordination white paper
- Public Notice: Real property for sale in Harney County. Follow this link for more information and the Land Sale Policy.
- Follow this link to download the Google Earth file incorporating these land parcels. Google Earth must be installed on your computer to view this file.
- DRAFT Private Public Road Map
- Harney County 2014 Audit
- Final Comments on Oregon Greater Sage-Grouse RMPA/EIS Submitted by Harney County
- New GIS Mapping Application: Follow this link to use Harney County's new GIS mapping application online. Create your own maps.
- Final Harney County Emergency Operations Plan
- County Burn Plan and Burn Permit. This Burn Plan is required prior to issuing a Burning Permit for all burning in Harney County. Exception: Small debris piles and burn barrels within reach of an attached & charged garden hose, these still need a burning permit issued by the County. This Burn Plan is designed to assist the landowner in safely using fire to meet their land management objectives and reduce the threat to life and property. Landowner must notify Harney County Dispatch, 541-573-6028, prior to burning, on day of burning.
- Submit your photos of Harney County to be used as background and slide show images on this site by emailing them to the webmaster. The County will give you a photo credit for images used within the website.