Harney County-The Official Site
Welcome to the official Harney County Government website. This site is dedicated to providing the public the best information possible in detailing the many products and services of the Harney County Government. Each department is represented as well as a wide variety of pertinent links. Please let us know if there is something that you cannot find. Updates are made often and checking back from time to time is advisable. Harney County is located in southeastern Oregon and is the largest county in the State of Oregon. The County has a diverse landscape with forests, sagebrush lakes, streams desert and mountains. Harney County is open for business, travel, exploration, outdoor adventure, and recreation. We hope your stay in Harney County either physically or as a visitor to this site is enjoyable.
- HARNEY COUNTY COURT~ ROAD MAP PUBLIC HEARING ~Wednesday, July 16, 2014 ~ 1:30 p.m. Follow this link for more information.
- June 18, 2014, Letter to the Governor-State agency workforce reductions
- March 28, 2014, Letter to the Governor-State agency workforce reductions
- May 20, 2014, Primary Election Results
- Harney County 2013 Audit
- Final Comments on Oregon Greater Sage-Grouse RMPA/EIS Submitted by Harney County
- New GIS Mapping Application: Follow this link to use Harney County's new GIS mapping application online. Create your own maps.
- County Sage Grouse Regional Report, November 4, 2013
- Final Harney County Emergency Operations Plan
- County Burn Plan and Burn Permit. This Burn Plan is required prior to issuing a Burning Permit for all burning in Harney County. Exception: Small debris piles and burn barrels within reach of an attached & charged garden hose, these still need a burning permit issued by the County. This Burn Plan is designed to assist the landowner in safely using fire to meet their land management objectives and reduce the threat to life and property. Landowner must notify Harney County Dispatch, 541-573-6028, prior to burning, on day of burning.
- Submit your photos of Harney County to be used as background and slide show images on this site by emailing them to the webmaster. The County will give you a photo credit for images used within the website.
Background Image ~ July Sunset on Headwall of Big Indian Gorge, Steens Mountain, Photo courtesy of Charlie Borland Photography