Harney County Court
We welcome you to Harney County! The County Court is an administrative body with duties directly related to the County's government. The Court is made up of three elected officials (County Judge and two County Commissioners) and provides direction and guidance for the County in policy and rules.
|Picture taken January 2011 in Judge Grasty's office in the Harney County Courthouse.|
|Steven E. Grasty,
Harney County is a magnificent area with room enough to grow and the natural resources to support a wide variety of industries including agriculture, manufacturing and hi-tech development. There are many features of the County that are attractive for individuals and families. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is no other place like it. For details on the activities and economic development efforts happening visit the Harney County Economic Development website.
Harney County, as well as Malheur County, Grant County, Sherman County, Wheeler County and Gilliam County, continue to operate under the historical County Court form of Government, that being said, the Probate Jurisdiction lies in the County Courts of these Counties as per ORS 111.075.
Estate, and protective proceedings are complicated matters and you may find it helpful to consult an attorney. The County Clerk and /or Court staff is prohibited from providing you with legal advice, acting as your attorney or assisting you in preparation of paperwork. The County Clerk’s Office does not provide legal forms with the exception of the Affidavit of Small Estate, and the yearly report form for guardians of adults and accountings. For further probate information, here is a link to the Harney County Clerk Probate page.
Steven E. Grasty, County Judge
450 N. Buena Vista #5
Burns, OR 97720
Sharon Johnson, Administrative Assistant
The Harney County Court meets every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month starting at 10 AM. Court agendas can be obtained by contacting the County Court Secretary or by following the link below:
County Court Meeting Agendas: Harney County Court Agenda July 16, 2014.
- Harney County Court Agenda July 16, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda July 2, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda June 18, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda June 4, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda May 21, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda May 7, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda April 23, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda April 2, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda March 19, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda March 5, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda February 18, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda February 5, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda January 22, 2014
- Harney County Court Agenda January 8, 2014
- Agenda Archives
County Court Minutes:
- January 8, 2014
- January 22, 2014
- February 5, 2014
- February 18, 2014
- March 19, 2014
- April 23, 2014
- May 7, 2014
- May 21, 2014
- June 18, 2014
- July 16, 2014