Harney County Court
We welcome you to Harney County! The County Court is an administrative body with duties directly related to the County's government. The Court is made up of three elected officials (County Judge and two County Commissioners) and provides direction and guidance for the County in policy and rules.
Harney County is a magnificent area with room enough to grow and the natural resources to support a wide variety of industries including agriculture, manufacturing and hi-tech development. There are many features of the County that are attractive for individuals and families. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is no other place like it. For details on the activities and economic development efforts happening visit the Harney County Economic Development website.
Harney County, as well as Malheur County, Grant County, Sherman County, Wheeler County and Gilliam County, continue to operate under the historical County Court form of Government, that being said, the Probate Jurisdiction lies in the County Courts of these Counties as per ORS 111.075.
Estate, and protective proceedings are complicated matters and you may find it helpful to consult an attorney. The County Clerk and /or Court staff is prohibited from providing you with legal advice, acting as your attorney or assisting you in preparation of paperwork. The County Clerk’s Office does not provide legal forms with the exception of the Affidavit of Small Estate, and the yearly report form for guardians of adults and accountings. For further probate information, here is a link to the Harney County Clerk Probate page.
Pete Runnels, County Judge
450 N. Buena Vista #5
Burns, OR 97720
Sharon Johnson, Administrative Assistant
The Harney County Court meets every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month starting at 10 AM.
County Court Meeting Agendas:
- Harney County Court Agenda for June 21, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for June 7, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for May 17, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for May 3, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for April 19, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for April 5, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for March 8, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for February 15, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for February 1, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for January 18, 2017
- Harney County Court Agenda for January 4, 2017
County Court Minutes:
- May 17, 2017
- May 3, 2017
- April 19, 2017
- April 5, 2017
- March 22, 2017-Public Hearing, Goal 5
- March 22, 2017 County Court Meeting
- March 8, 2017
- February 15, 2017
- February 1, 2017
- January 4, 2017
- January 18, 2017