Harney County-The Official Site
Welcome to the official Harney County Government website. This site is dedicated to providing the public the best information possible in detailing the many products and services of the Harney County Government. Each department is represented as well as a wide variety of pertinent links. Please let us know if there is something that you cannot find. Updates are made often and checking back from time to time is advisable. Harney County is located in southeastern Oregon and is the largest county in the State of Oregon. The County has a diverse landscape with forests, sagebrush lakes, streams desert and mountains. Harney County is open for business, travel, exploration, outdoor adventure, and recreation. We hope your stay in Harney County either physically or as a visitor to this site is enjoyable.
Go to this link to report drought conditions in Harney County and their impact on you http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home.aspx
CURRENT EVENTS, INFORMATION AND LINKS:
- Harney County Court Agenda for October 19, 2016
- Business Succession and Planning Seminar, Wednesday October 19th:
- The Greater Oregon Economic Development Corporation (GEODC) and Treasure Valley Community College (TVCC) will host a Business Succession and Planning Seminar on October 19th in the Harney County Community Center from 2pm - 5pm. All business owners are encouraged to attend. For more information you can call Randy Fulton at 541-573-1638 or 541-589-3994.
- September 19, 2016, Burning Ban Lifted
- Please follow this link to view all candidates running for office in the 2016 General Election to be held on November 8, 2016. Ballots will be mailed on October 20th, 2016.
- Visit the Goal 5 webpage with links and info about Harney County's Goal 5 Project
- 2017-2020 Senior Center Harney County Area Plan: This is the final Area Plan for the Harney County Senior and Community Center.
- History of Harney County Government
- Budget Meeting Public Notice
- Harney County's new page here on the website: Public Land Issues and Resources
- Harney County Approved Budget for 2015-2016
- Public Notice: Real property for sale in Harney County. Follow this link for more information and the Land Sale Policy.
- Follow this link to download the Google Earth file incorporating these land parcels. Google Earth must be installed on your computer to view this file.
- DRAFT Private Public Road Map
- County Burn Plan and Burn Permit. This Burn Plan is required prior to issuing a Burning Permit for all burning in Harney County. Exception: Small debris piles and burn barrels, within reach of an attached and charged garden hose, do not need a Burn Plan but still need a burning permit issued by the County. This Burn Plan is designed to assist the landowner in safely using fire to meet their land management objectives and reduce the threat to life and property. Landowner must notify Harney County Dispatch, 541-573-6028, prior to burning, on day of burning.
- INTERACTIVE TAX LOT MAP APPLICATION: Follow this link to use Harney County's new GIS mapping application online. Create your own maps.
- Submit your photos of Harney County to be used as background and slide show images on this site by emailing them to the webmaster. The County will give you a photo credit for images used within the website.