Welcome to the Harney County Planning Department! Most all of the land use applications, building permits and other documents we use are listed here for download, printing or reviewing right online.
Brandon McMullen, Planning Director
360 N. Alvord
Burns, OR 97720
Howard Palmer, Residential Building Inspector
Brett Thomas, GIS/Building Program Tech
Current Land Use Applications and Potential Decisions:
- 17-09 (South Burns Solar Farm LLC. - Solar Energy Facility)
- Approved by Planning Commission on 6/21/2017
- Findings and Decision in draft for 7/19/2017 PC Review
- 17-09 Adjacent Land Notice
- 17-10 (Starvation Ridge Solar Farm LLC. - Solar Energy Facility) Status:
- Currently under notification period
- Public Review Hearing set for 7/19/2017, 7:00pm – Harney County Circuit Court Room. Follow this link to view the meeting agenda.
-17-10 Adjacent Land Notice
-17-10 Full Staff Report
Land Use Application Flow Chart:
The process involved with making land use applications under Oregon Land Use Laws and the subsequent County Comprehensive Plan can be difficult to understand so the Planning Department has developed the convenient Land Use Application Flow Chart replicated below. Follow the link to access a full size version.
Click on the permit name to open, view and print; in PDF format.
Have a question? Call, visit or email our offices!
- Follow this link to make online payments to the Harney County Planning Department via Convenient Payments
- Harney County Planning Department Fees
- Harney County Planning Commission
- County Land Sale List, Application to Purchase County Owned Land, and Policy
- Mineral Rights Application
- Planning Documents: The most fundamental planning documents related to Harney County
- The Planning Commissioners' Handbook: The resources offered to the Harney County Planning Commission are found here with the full text of each document and links to other valuable sites.
- Oregon Statewide Planning Goals: Learn more about Oregon Land Use rules, regulations, and planning by visiting the Department of Land Conservation & Development website.Land Use Board of Appeals: Land
- Use Board of Appeals (LUBA) Get the latest LUBA opinions and information.