Daniel W. Jenkins, Sheriff
485 N Court Avenue #6
Burns, Oregon 97720-1524
Brian Needham, Lieutenant, Undersheriff
Drug Enforcement Supervisor
About Sheriff Jenkins
The Mission of the Harney County Sheriff’s Office is, “To serve our community by providing superior public safety and exceptional professional service in an ethical and fiscally responsible manner, while preserving the right of all individuals.”
Core Values and Standards
Our values are honor, integrity, ethics and professionalism.
To protect and serve for a safer community
The Harney County Sheriff's Office works to protect the citizens of Harney County. The services that are offered further public safety in this area and throughout this region.
- 911 Dispatch - Enhanced 911 dispatch technology and computer aided dispatch capabilities.
- Civil Process - The Sheriff's Office can provide delivery of legal documents or processes for a fee.
- Concealed Handgun License - The ability to carry firearms is available with proper license and training.
- Community Corrections - The County Jail provides immediate incarceration of persons brought in by local law enforcement agencies.
- Drug Enforcement Task Force - Illegal drug use is everyone's problem.
- Homeland Security - Know all about the National Homeland Security System.
- Search and Rescue- Harney County is one of the largest Counties in Oregon and so hunting, fishing and general outdoor activities may lead to persons being lost or in need of help where finding them may prove to be a challenge
- Sex Offender Registration - View registration requirements.
- Upcoming Property Sale List and Dates