Andrews Rural Community
A Brief History
The community was named for Peter Andrews, who settled in the area about 1880. A post office was established on Andrews' property in 1890. The post office was moved north a short distance in 1900 and called "Wildhorse". Locals referred to it as "Wild Hog", however, so the postmaster changed the name to honor his friend Andrews.
The unincorporated community of Andrews has a zoning designation of Rural Service Center (RSC). The zoning for this community provides for a multitude of uses although space may be limited.