Noxious Weed List
Jim Campbell, Weed Control Supervisor
450 N Buena Vista Ave.
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-8385
Fax: (541) 573-2781
Noxious weeds for the purpose of this policy shall be rated "A", "B", or "C" Pest.“A” Pest:
- A weed of known economic importance known to occur in the county in small enough infestations to make eradication practicable or not known to occur but its status in surrounding counties makes future occurrence seem imminent.
- ACTION -- Infestations are subject to eradication where found.
- A weed of known economic importance and of limited distribution in the County, and is subject to intensive control or eradication where feasible at the county level.
- ACTION -Infestations are handled at County discretion with possible County assistance when funds are available.
- A weed of known economic importance and of general distribution that is subject to control, intensive control, or eradication as local conditions warrant.
- ACTION -Infestations handled at owners discretion.
County Weed List 2015
A African rue Peganum harmala A Black henbane Hyoscyamus niger A Leafy Spurge Euphorbia esula A Musk Thistle Carduus nutans A Orange hawkweed Hieracium aurantiacum A Purple Loosestrife Lythrum salicaria A Rush Skeletonweed Chondrilla juncea A Salt cedar Tamarix ramosissima A Scotch Broom Cytisus scoparius A Spotted Knapweed Centaurea maculosa A Squarrose Knapweed Centaurea virgata A Tansy Ragwort Senecio jacobaea A Yellow Starthistle Centaurea solstitialis A Yellow Toadflax Linaria vulgaris B Dalmatian Toadflax Linaria dalmatica B
B Mediterranean Sage Salvia aethiopis
Perennial Pepperweed Lepidium latifolium B Puncture Vine Tribulus terestris B Russian Knapweed Acroptilon repens B Scotch Thistle Onopordum acanthium C Canada Thistle Cirsium arvense C Halogeton Halogeton spp. C Klamath Weed Hypericum perforatum C Medusahead Rye Taeniatherum caput-medusa C Morning Glory Convolvulus arvensis C White Top Cardaria draba