Senior & Community Services Center
Angela Lamborn, Executive Director
17 S. Alder Ave
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 728
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-6024
FAX: (541) 573-6025
Sue Weathers, Administrative Assistant
Tim Mosher, Veterans Services
Howard Weathers, Weatherization Manager
Colleen Buck, Nutrition Program Manager
Harney County Senior and Community Service Center is doing its part to provide essential services to our most vulnerable populations while limiting possible exposure to COVID-19. Rest assured we are checking in with home delivered meals recipients. Until further notice, there are no staff in the building. Please call and leave messages as we will retrieve them and respond. Food Bank Temporary hours are Wednesday 10-2. Transient Services will be screened through the Sheriff's Office. Dial-A-Ride is running Deviated Fixed Route Monday-Saturday and drivers have route information. Please do not board if you have any signs of illness such as fever, runny nose, cough or sore throat. For housing services, rental assistance and other homeless programs please call 541-413-2278 to leave a message including name and phone number. Our housing specialist will return your call and set up an appointment for you to fill out a housing packet and go over it with you. We are all in this together. Be safe and Thank You!
Grab & Go Meals 2020
The Harney County Senior and Community Service Center are excited to introduce the community to Senior Center Meals 2.0. We have taken the time to speak with our peers and to thoughtfully put together a plan that will keep our community and our staff at a safe social distance while providing a tasty, nutritious meal. Our new look will be known as “Grab and Go Meals” and the plan includes home delivered meals as well.
Meal days beginning April 7th until further notice will be every Tuesday and Thursday excluding holidays. Meals will be casserole style and given out in a pan either baked or ready to bake at home, customer choice. The size of the meal is approximately an 8x8 pan and can last a diner several meals depending on appetite. We are asking a $10 donation for those 60+, those 59- will be required to pay $10 for the meal.
- On Monday and Wednesday call the kitchen directly at 541-413-2280, between 8-12, to order your meal. At that time let them know if you want it baked or if you will bake it later. Give them your name and the approximate time you will arrive to pick your meal up the following day (between 11:30-1:00). If you are unable to reach the kitchen call 541-573-6024 and leave the above information in a message and the office personnel will get it to the kitchen staff. We will make a very limited number of extra meals that will be available on first come first served basis to last minute diners.
- On Tuesday and Thursday arrive behind the building off of Birch/Rail Road Ave at the time you provided to pick up your meal from kitchen staff. There will be a donation/payment box set up outside near the corner of the building for your privacy and convenience. If you are under 60 staff will take your payment at the time they give you your meal. No need to get out of your car, staff will bring the meal to your vehicle for you.
- We will be delivering the same meals to our home delivered meal consumers. If you are not currently on the program and are over 60 and/or disabled and would like to be screened for home delivered meal service please call 541-573-6024 and leave a message including your phone number and a staff member will call you back to assess your eligibility for the program. Delivered meals will be counted and at the end of the month you will receive a letter requesting the suggested donation. This letter is not a bill and consumers pay only what they can afford.
- There is no small amount of stress in our community and around the world. This program is new to all of us and is most definitely a change. There will be a SNAFU or two as we roll it out and as we all learn the details of delivering and receiving the meals in this new way. I hope we can all be patient and be kind to one another. We are an amazing community and we should not forget to love each other especially at times like these,
Now what is for lunch?
- June 2, 2020 Stacked Pork Chop Meal
- June 4, 2020 Chicken Alfredo Penne with Vegetables Casserole
- June 9, 2020 Beef Pot Roast
- June 11, 2020 Pork & Green Chile Casserole
- June 16, 2020 Best Ever Beans, Sausage & Biscuits
- June 18, 2020 Beef & Sausage Meat Loaf & Potatoes
- June 23, 2020 Port Chops & Stuffing Casserole
- June 25, 2020 Tater Tot Casserole
- June 30, 2020 Ground Beef & Rice Casserole
As a community partner, we provide services to seniors, disabled, low- income individuals and veterans, to improve the quality of their lives; enhancing their independence and self- sufficiency.
- Services and Programs
- Veterans Affairs
- Harney County Dial-A-Ride
- Title VI Plan
- SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance)
- Housing Assistance
- Aging and Disability Resource Connection
- Harney County Senior Center Board of Directors
- Meeting Agendas
- None at this time.
- Meeting Agendas
2017-2020 Senior Center Harney County Area Plan: This is the final Area Plan for the Harney County Senior and Community Center.
Donate to the Senior Center using the Paypal button below.