Harney County Court
We welcome you to Harney County! The County Court is an administrative body with duties directly related to the County's government. The Court is made up of three elected officials (County Judge and two County Commissioners) and provides direction and guidance for the County in policy and rules.
Harney County is a magnificent area with room enough to grow and the natural resources to support a wide variety of industries including agriculture, manufacturing and hi-tech development. There are many features of the County that are attractive for individuals and families. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is no other place like it. For details on the activities and economic development efforts happening visit the Harney County Economic Development page in the Doing Business section.
Harney County, as well as Malheur County, Grant County, Sherman County, Wheeler County and Gilliam County, continue to operate under the historical County Court form of Government, that being said, the Probate Jurisdiction lies in the County Courts of these Counties as per ORS 111.075.
Estate, and protective proceedings are complicated matters and you may find it helpful to consult an attorney. The County Clerk and /or Court staff is prohibited from providing you with legal advice, acting as your attorney or assisting you in preparation of paperwork. The County Clerk’s Office does not provide legal forms with the exception of the Affidavit of Small Estate, and the yearly report form for guardians of adults and accountings. For further probate information, here is a link to the Harney County Clerk Probate page.
Pete Runnels, County Judge
450 N. Buena Vista #5
Burns, OR 97720
Kristen Shelman, County Commissioner, Position 1
Patty Dorroh, County Commissioner, Position 2
Kerry Opie, Administrative Assistant
The Harney County Court meets every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month starting at 9:15 AM. County Court ending time depends upon the number of business items on the agenda.
- Harney County Proposed Budget and Message
- Harney County Budget Committee Meeting Minutes April 8, 2021
Harney County Court Meeting Agendas:
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda June 2, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda May 19, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda May 5, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda April 21, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda April 7, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda March 17, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda March 3, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda February 17, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda February 3, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda January 20, 2021
- Harney County Court Meeting Agenda January 6, 2021
- Harney County Court Archive
County Court Minutes:
- None at this time.