Senior & Community Services Center
Angela Lamborn, Executive Director
17 S. Alder Ave
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 728
Burns, OR 97720
Phone: (541) 573-6024
FAX: (541) 573-6025
Sue Weathers, Administrative Assistant/Fiscal Officer
Heidi Sands, Housing Programs/Property Manager
Lisa Moody,Transportation Manager
Darlene Needham,Transportation Dispatcher/Office Asst.
Howard Weathers, Weatherization Manager
Kathi Wenick, Nutrition Program Manager
Leanne Starbuck, Senior Services Program Manager
Harney County Senior and Community Service Center is doing its part to provide essential services to our most vulnerable populations while limiting possible exposure to COVID-19. We are providing home delivered meals twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday, please call if you are affected by COVID or qualify in other ways. We are searching for volunteers willing to help get the meals out to our most vulnerable populations. Call for details or to register for meals.
The Harney County Food Pantry is open Wednesdays 10am to 1pm to serve the community with needed foods to supplement your pantry.
Dial-A-Ride is operational with door to door service Monday – Friday 8am to 5:30pm and 8am-3pm on Sunday. The deviated fixed route is operational from 7am-7pm Monday – Friday and 8am – 5pm on Saturday with a 12-1 break for lunch. Drivers have brochures with the route, times and other details of the public transportation program. Masks are required to ride. Drivers have them available if you do not have one.
Transient services are available by contacting Harney County Sheriff Office dispatch at 541-573-6028 after hours.
Thai Chi is held Tuesday and Thursday 9:30-10:15
Bingo is on Thursday's @ 2:30pm. Everyone is welcome to these events as long as social distancing can be maintained. Masks are required within the building and during appointments and activities.
If you have any signs of illness such as fever, runny nose, cough or sore throat please reschedule and stay home. If you are visibly ill, we will ask you to reschedule.
Grab & Go Meals 2021
The Harney County Senior and Community Service Center are excited to introduce the community to Senior Center Meals 2.0. We have taken the time to speak with our peers and to thoughtfully put together a plan that will keep our community and our staff at a safe social distance while providing a tasty, nutritious meal. Our new look will be known as “Grab and Go Meals” and the plan includes home delivered meals as well.
Meals days are Tuesday and Thursday excluding holidays. Meals include the main dish, sides and dessert and are served ready to eat. Thursday’s a large container of soup (cold) and rolls are also available to purchase for additional meals through the weekend. We are asking a $4 donation for those 60+, those 59- will be required to pay $4 for each meal ordered.
- On Monday and Wednesday call the kitchen directly at 541-413-2280, between 8-12, to order your meal. Give them your name and the approximate time you will arrive to pick your meal up the following day (between 11:30-1:00). If you are unable to reach the kitchen call 541-573-6024 and leave the above information in a message and the office personnel will get it to the kitchen staff. We will make a very limited number of extra meals that will be available on first come first served basis to last minute diners.
- On Tuesday and Thursday arrive behind the building off of Birch/Rail Road Ave at the time you provided to pick up your meal from kitchen staff. There will be a donation/payment box set up outside near the corner of the building for your privacy and convenience. If you are under 60 staff will take your payment at the time they give you your meal. No need to get out of your car, staff will bring the meal to your vehicle for you.
- We will be delivering the same meals to our home delivered meal consumers. If you are not currently on the program and are over 60 and/or disabled and would like to be screened for home delivered meal service please call 541-573-6024 and leave a message including your phone number and a staff member will call you back to assess your eligibility for the program. Delivered meals will be counted and at the end of the month you will receive a letter requesting the suggested donation. This letter is not a bill and consumers pay only what they can afford.
- If you are interested in volunteering to deliver meals, please call us to discuss options. We are in desperate need of volunteers for our Home Delivered Meal program.
As a community partner, we provide services to seniors, disabled, low- income individuals and veterans, to improve the quality of their lives; enhancing their independence and self- sufficiency.
- Services and Programs
- Veterans Affairs
- Harney County Dial-A-Ride
- Title VI Plan
- SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance)
- Housing Assistance
- Harney County Senior Center Board of Directors
Donate to the Senior Center using the Paypal button below.